|Draft Disaster in Big D?|
The NFL Combine has come and gone, leaving Off Season Christmas, otherwise known as the NFL Draft, just around the corner! Six (maybe more) shiny new presents await the Cowboys Nation faithful as Dallas has the 18th pick in the draft and a laundry list of possible first rounders.
The first rounder is the most important pick of the draft. Like winning the big game in college, you can miss on everything else, but if you beat the cross town rivals your good for another year! The list of possible first rounders being linked as potential Dallas targets grows by the day. Our talent base should improve as we get another solid first rounder on the field in 2014! Life is good, what a great day the NFL Draft is! Our team ….
….. Hold That Line Of Thought! Hit the brakes, pop the chute! In our due diligence of daily web research, we came across a mock draft by Don Banks of Sports Illustrated. Why am I going out of my way to mention this particular Mock? Is it because of Don Banks credentials (they are quite impressive)? Is it because it is a scenario that makes sense for the teams involved that pick before Dallas (it does)? There are actually eight, precise reasons. Let’s review them.
- Eagles take OG Chance Warmack with pick #4
- Titans take OG/C Jonathan Cooper with pick #10
- Dolphins take DE/Freak Ezekiel Ansah with pick #12
- DE Bjoern Werner goes to Tampa Bay with pick #13
- DT Sheldon Richardson goes to the Panthers at #14
- OLB Jarvis Jones snapped up by the Saints at #15
- S Kenny Vaccaro goes to the Rams at #16
- OT D.J. Fluker to the Cowboys at #18